If you have smoked for some time and recently came across the idea of an electronic cigarette, you are now probably wondering what model/brand of e-cig you should start with. I am sure you have found many different options out there but are unsure what would be the best choice for a vaping “noob”. Well here are some guidelines and points to consider when buying your first e-cigarette.
1. Any e-cigarette is better than smoking. Don’t let the choices overwhelm you. Don’t worry about buying the perfect e-cigarette right off the bat. The fact that e-cigs are so much cheaper (in the long run) than tobacco cigarettes, gives you some margin for error.
2. Don’t get caught up in the add-ons and accessories. There are many options from portable chargers to drip tips to laynards. Just get the basic kit to try. You may even want to start with a disposable just to get an idea of what it is like. The only issue with disposables is that if you don’t like the e-liquid that comes in it, there is no way to change it. This leads to the third point.
3. Get an easy to use unit with multiple e-liquid flavor options. Flavor is based on the individual and what your friend likes may not suit you. So flavor options are important.
4. Don’t buy from out of country. E-cigarettes are still in regulatory no-mans land. If you buy from outside of your country, customs may be an issue.
5. Our recommendation in Canada? SmokeInstead.ca is a good option. They carry Aurora which is a great starter kit for newbies. They also carry Joyetech products for more advanced vapers. In the US, try E-Cig.org for some reviews and ratings on different options.